On the other hand, this is the first time I'm sketching out my resolutions so publicly. So I'm a little afraid of not getting this right.
But I will take the plunge anyway! Here goes.
In 2009, I resolve to:
- Find a local charity in which to become deeply involved. I want to be able to give back just as much to people in my geographic area as I do to those in other parts of the world. I should have a good idea of what that charity is by April.
- That being said, continue my involvement with Mayan Families and ideally take an organizational role in a small part (teen pregnancy prevention, perhaps?). I've got a donation goal in my budget for this year, so I will monitor my progress against that. I should probably have some idea of the organizational goal by April.
- Post here at least a few times a week and maintain friendships with my amazing blogger friends. Comment on my friends' blogs at least once a week.
- That being said, not spend countless hours procrastinating online. Any more than an hour and a half per night on the internet is probably too much.
- Start reading books again! One book a month is a modest goal. I was an ENGLISH MAJOR, for crying out loud! So, ideally, I should be reading much more. But baby steps first!
- Spend more quality time with local friends. Particularly, have more dinners here at home with friends. How about at least one dinner per month?
- Visit my parents and my friends in the Capital District. I haven't gone up since our wedding! We should definitely visit by springtime.
- Keep up my German language skills. I feel like my fluency, at least as far as speaking, is starting to fade! Read the latest issue of Der Spiegel at least once a month and ideally go back to Berlin with Michael to visit friends.
- Actually read the manual to my new digital camera and improve the clarity and composition of my photographs. I should have at least made some headway by February.
Those are the main ones so far. I'll amend this with any updates as we go along!