I interrupt the Guatemala coverage to give a quick recap of 2008.
This year has been filled with a number of great things:
- Our first and second trip to Guatemala and getting involved with Mayan Families
- My solo trip to Mexico
- Visits to Michael's relatives in Minnesota and Florida
- Hosting both Easter and Thanksgiving for my family
- A fantastic Christmas in Pennsylvania
- Purchasing our first home
- The pregnancy and birth of our dear friends, Rachel and Seth's first child
- The birth of this blog! As well as communicating with so many wonderful people through blogging
- Reconnecting with a number of old friends through Facebook
- Becoming a philanthropist -- even though I'm not giving millions (or even close!), I am giving more and giving with more purpose than ever before
I'm looking forward to 2009, and I'll post some of my resolutions tomorrow. Already, I have something new to look forward to.
Today, I started sponsorship of a child in Kenya through the Christian Foundation for Children and Aging. I've really been enjoying their blog, which I have a link to on the right. My mom has been a long-time sponsor, and I've also been spurred on by Nikki, who has various sponsored kids around the globe.
May you all have a great end to 2008 and a wonderful start to 2009!